Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texaner
Level 7

Fehlalarm?

Hey folks,

if I make a "complete scan" McAfee will execute the following:

http://s11.directupload.net/images/081229/fgh7cnvv.jpg

I think that it just is false? What do you say?

McAfee VirusScan 13.0 - German
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32bit - German

Cheers

Texaner

Germany
0 Kudos
6 Replies
bua_ako
Level 7

hi...

please send the file to mcafee...

in the window where you took the screen shot... if you put a check mark on the checkbox corresponding to the file that was quarantined it will give you an option to send the file to mcafee...
0 Kudos
BastiaanR
Level 7

RE: Fehlalarm?

When I used to have GameSpy installed, a year or two ago, McAfee also (wrongly?) Identified it as malware and insisted on removing the program and any links to it.

I think I chose to Trust it, and that prevented it from coming up in later scans. (I can't remember... it's a long while since I had GameSpy installed).

It may be worth sending the file to Avert, as suggested above, and report it as a possible false-positive. (Unless McAfee knowns something about GameSpy that we don't, but as far as I know it's a legitimate program).
0 Kudos
Texaner
Level 7

Hey,

da es sich nur um einen Registrierungsschlüssel handelt, kann ich das nicht an McAfee senden.

Das Programm selber habe ich nicht installiert. Das Spiel das ich installiert habe, hat anscheinend diesen Registrierungsschlüssel angelegt.

in English:

Hey,

because it is only a registry key, I can not send to McAfee.

The program itself, I have not installed. The game I've installed, has apparently this registry key is created.

MfG

Texaenr - Germany
0 Kudos
Texaner
Level 7

0 Kudos
BastiaanR
Level 7

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_133332.htm#tab1

It appears McAfee classifies GameSpy as "adware", and may therefor be unwanted.
0 Kudos
Texaner
Level 7

Hey,

okay, it's in my case but a false?

MfG

Texaner - Germany
0 Kudos