cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orochi2k
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

False Positive! And your virus research has no response.

Hello, 

According to a report from Virustotal:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file-analysis/ZTc1OTZiMWUyZjkzYTY1MWEwYjYyZDBjNjc3NmVmZDg6MTYxMjg4MDM...

2 of your products are mistaken the file in the attachment as malware.

I have tried to contact your **personal information omitted** and **personal information omitted**

But received no response from them.

Thus, I'd like to ask if any support personals here can help forward this issue to your teams who are responsible for this and whitelist this file.

Otherwise, I think you may become the only anti-virus company on earth that falsely report this file as malware soon. 

2 Replies

Re: False Positive! And your virus research has no response.

Hi @orochi2k,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you have tried to add NOAUTO to the subject line in your email. Emails with NOAUTO in the subject, bypass our automated systems and get delivered directly to one of our virus researchers. Our researcher analyzes your sample manually and gets back to you with the results. Because your sample is analyzed manually, there might be a further delay in getting back to you. If you have not heard from us for more than five business days, please do let me know and we will help you take it forward.

Also, in the meantime you can exclude this file from being scanned by McAfee if you trust the program and where it is downloaded from. Please follow the below article for steps.

How to exclude files from virus scans on Windows or macOS

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

orochi2k
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: False Positive! And your virus research has no response.

Hi Karthikeyan,

Last week, I sent an email with the subject line "NOAUTO FALSE! file detected by McAfee." to the  virus_research mailbox. 

It has been a week. But, I have not heard anything from them so far.

Thus, the issue may request you to take it forward.

Thanks,

-orochi2k

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community