cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conquest441
Level 7

Excluding files from real time scanning

In McAfee Help it says to exclude files go to Virus & Spyware Protection / Real time Scanning and click on "Excluded Files".

I have Live Safe v14 and there is no "Excluded Files" button.

How do I do this please?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Excluding files from real time scanning

​,

Try opening your McAfee Security Center > Navigation > Real-time scanning > Excluded Files

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
conquest441
Level 7

Cliff,

The whole point of my question was that there was no "Excluded Files" available to select. However the elementary rule "Try scrolling down" solved that problem

Now, is there any way I can choose a folder rather than individual files?

Rob

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Sorry no it has been a request for a while to add that feature but I feel the powers that be do not want entire folders to be excluded.

I have added this as a question in next weeks moderator call but I feel it is a feature that will not be added in the near future.

I will update you when i hear anything. The old version pre 15.1 used to allow excluded folders in custom and scheduled scan but that has now been removed.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thanks Mate

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yes it's restricted to actual files, not whole folders.  Plus it only works for a detection if it's detected as a PUP (possibly unwanted program), not as malware.

It would be nice if one could make exceptions for other detection types, folders or even an entire drive.  I believe that is possible in the Enterprise version only.

In the past this has been suggested and turned down.   Maybe a good idea for consumers as many would end up with hopelessly infected machines as a result.

Good luck on the call guys.

0 Kudos
conquest441
Level 7

Thank you for the responses.

Rob

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome.  Good luck.

If you have a file you think should not be detected see this: 

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi Rob,

My Colleague PK is quite correct in what he is saying. Sorry for my delayed response, as I had to step away. We will as PK said discuss this Topic on our upcoming Conference Call.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos