cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
24it
Level 7

Everytime I launch itunes (Ver. 11.1.2.31) I have to agree tothe Terms of Agreement.

Everytime I launch itunes (Ver. 11.1.2.31) I have to agree tothe Terms of Agreement.

Everytime I have to activate the menu and the status barwhich I do everytime!

I can't save my customized settings.

This is the latest version of itunes. I'm working withwindows 8.1

And I’m running McAfee Antivirus software

Until yesterday when I updated to version 11.1.2.31everything worked fine.

Now only the  version 11.1.2.31 doesn't worklike I discribed it before.

Thank you for any answers in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Everytime I launch itunes (Ver. 11.1.2.31) I have to agree tothe Terms of Agreement.

This is  an old and intermittent issue caused by real-time scanning deleting itunesprefs.xml which stores your preferences.  A quick fix is to temporarily disable real-time scanning when closing iTunes.

There's a long thread about it here already:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/58410?start=0&tstart=0

I am stirring the pot to see what can be done, however it is really an Apple software coding problem, but it seems from an even longer thread at Apple Forums that they aren't acting on it so we shall have to wait and see if McAfee can.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Everytime I launch itunes (Ver. 11.1.2.31) I have to agree tothe Terms of Agreement.

I've been told that support are looking into this issue again.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/10/13 9:24:15 EDT AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Those of you with Anti-Virus build 1722 and higher should already have the fix, which was released on Wednesday with the regular update.   Support did not make a huge fuss about it because they wanted to be sure it worked for everyone.  You must appreciate that not everyone's setup is the same as that in the developer's lab so they are relying on responsible feedback.

We will relay it back to them.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Please foillow this thread:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/58410?tstart=0 from now on, thank you.

0 Kudos