cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 5022

Jump to solution

This problem first started out simple enough. I truned on my laptop and Action Center popped up telling me it was off so I turned it on through that service and everything worked fine.

This morning after some updates for Windows McAfee doesn't work at all. If I try to turn it on through the Action Center nothing happens and when I try to do it through McAfee itself, it turns on but the program then freezes and I have to restart my computer to get it unstuck but the problem stays the same. And when I go to event Viewer I get the error below. The last scan was ran just a few days ago and nothing was detected.

My system:

Acer 5742

Windows 7 Home 6f-Bit SP1

3GB of RAM

Intel Core i3 CPU 2.4GHz

-System

-Provider

[ Name] McLogEvent

-EventID5022

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Level2

Task0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-10-12T19:19:57.000000000Z

EventRecordID16050

ChannelApplication

ComputerKyleR-PC

-Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
-EventData

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

Re: Event ID 5022

Jump to solution

To manually update the dat

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2155

Read the readme

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Event ID: 5022 Source: McLogEvent

Source: McLogEvent
Type: Error
Description:
MCSCAN32 Engine Initialisation failed. Engine returned error : Drivers (dat files) failed or are missing.

This event is directly related to event ID 7024 (Service: Network Associates McShield, error 5022). 5022 means the McShield couldn't start the virus scanning engine. This almost always means your DAT files have become corrupted or mismatched (a version mismatch in the dat files --> scan.dat is a different version to names.dat for example). Try running the latest superdat again.

Something went wrong with the last update. If it's the DAT file you need to reload it (or them). Try running MVT and see what it says about the state of your McAfee installation.

Jump to solution

What is MVT?

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Mcafee virtual technician Download it here. It needs to be uninstalled regularly as it is updated often.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

Jump to solution

Downloading and running the DAT files manually seems to have fixed the problem. It runs and I'm able to open it and scan my computer. I'm running a scan now just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the help.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Great to hear actuallty it was Peter who suggested the dat he was just trying it another way.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

To manually update the dat

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2155

Read the readme