cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gonzo987
Level 7

Error message during scan

Every time I try to scan my PC, I recieve an error message that says:  An unexpected problem occurred during your scan. Click OK to go back to the homepage and try again.  It does this every time, and doesn't even start the scan before it comes up.  I have the latest version of everything (new computer).  I turned off windows defender so that nothing clashes and it still wont scan. Help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
spc3rd
Level 10

Re: Error message during scan

Hello gonzo987 & welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our more experienced forum members and Moderators can arrive to review your post, have you tried running the McAfee Virtual Technician at the following link to see if it will help resolve the problem?

http://mvt.mcafee.com

If the MVT does not help, please look at this forum link:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/181525#181525.  Moderator Peacekeeper provides the instructions for uninstalling your McAfee software and doing a reinstall.  Please post back and let us know if either of the aforementioned procedures resolve the issue you described.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/13/11 5:01:35 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/13/11 6:03:24 PM EDT
0 Kudos
fedelejx
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. "Error has occured. An unexpected error has occurred during you scan. Please go back to home page and try again"

I've tried several times but no luck. I could go to safe mode and run a scan that is the only way. I've been using Mcafee for sveral years.

Windows 7 64 bit  The last auto scan ran on 10/08/2011.

Also I notice I had to create my login. For some reason I wasn't a registered user any longer. Why?

Please help!

Jerry

0 Kudos
fedelejx
Level 7

Oh, Virtual Tech didn't find anything.

0 Kudos
gonzo987
Level 7

I did the MVT thing.  It didn't find anything.  After an extensive online chat with a McAfee technition, still nothing.  I uninstalled, then reinstalled the program.  Now it's working just fine.

0 Kudos
spc3rd
Level 10

Glad it's working again!

0 Kudos