cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does McAfee detect Sality?

Hello group,

My internet provider says it may have detected the Sality bug coming from one of my computers. I'm running McAfee LiveSafe, keep it updated and scan regularly. It is not detecting anything.

Does McAfee LiveSafe detect this potential infection?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Does McAfee detect Sality?

Hello @jgillan 

McAfee Livesafe detects all potential infections. It will also detect the specific malware that you've mentioned. Please ensure to update McAfee as well as important Windows Security updates.  

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted

Re: Does McAfee detect Sality?

I also have to wonder if McAfee is detecting and fixing Sality. I have McAfee installed on my online PC and after I connect to  a computer with TeamViewer the remote IT folks say that the network traffic from that PC shots up and their scans detect Sality. I run a scan on my online PC and no problem but I sometimes find Sality 32 on a USB stick I use to transfer files from an off line PC to my online PC. I connected the hard drive from the offline PC as a external on my online PC and had McAfee scan that hard drive.

No threats were found!

But then later I will find Sality 32 on that USB stick. The USB stick is only used on those 2 PC's so where did the Sality 32 come from?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community