cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DAT update problem? off topic question for brit

Jump to solution

Hi,

DAT 5856 is here...Just came in a few minutes ago. Downloaded and installed automatically, and gave me the message saying it's updated. All up to date now, so I'd expect everyone should be getting this update soon. Glad it's fixed!

Tim

gorf
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 46

Re: DAT update problem? off topic question for brit

Jump to solution

yeah here too but I wouldnt say it was smooth. took ages to d/l must have been a large file certainly bigger than a DAT update. when finished the "your programs have been updated box" wouldnt go away even after clicking OK several times. I had to reboot to get rid of it. Then I got error message from security centre "your computer is not protected" and several McAfee services which I always have ON were OFF so I clicked on "fix problems' and it did, and I have DAT 5856 - I just opened Security Centre to check that, and it took ages to open. plus my CPU fan is running flat out so i'm not convinced all is well

gorf
Level 7
Message 33 of 46

Re: DAT update problem?

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit wrote:

Your photo is showing - see the attached thumbnail (click to enlarge).  I obliterated your email address.

No need to get upset because you are missing a daily update, it happens quite often.  As long as SecurityCenter says it is protecting your are fine.

Just be careful where you are surfing and what you download.

If it makes you feel any better we are all in the same boat.  I have 4 systems and 3 are not updating at present.  The one that did was a brand new installation done after the 5855 had been "released" so it installed with it already incorporated at source.

I would start worrying after a week but not before.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/01/10 6:55:06 EST PM

I think (getting slightly off topic) I think MaineNight Owl may be referring to his avatar, I can see his photo if I check out his profile but he has no avatar on my screen you can add / change photos / avatars here

http://community.mcafee.com/edit-profile-avatar!input.jspa

hope that helps. you could crop the photo to just your face or use whatever you like for an avatar. still no change with the DAT prob here in Perth Western Australia

Jump to solution

Please excuse the dupe.  This is "a first" on the new board.  Post is below.

Message was edited by: Lorac30 on 1/15/10 7:47:01 PM EST
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 35 of 46

Jump to solution

You should be at 5862 by now.   Try deleting the contents of the DAT folder, NOT the folder itself.

C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\DAT

In a 64-bit (x64) system Program Files (x86) folder.

Then see if update succeeds.  If not then contact Technical Suppoirt Chat via the McAfee Support link at top of this page or right-click the taskbar icon and go from there.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reponse!  I'll give it a try.

Jump to solution

Hello,

the problem remains here: always 5854.

I saw the red ring of update turning automatically but nothing more. And the same manually...

Let' wait...

Regards,

Jérôme.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 38 of 46

Jump to solution

It will happen eventually.

Jump to solution

Hello,

this morning (8.45 am here) 5856 came automatically.

The problem is solved.

Thank you and regards,

Jérôme.

Jump to solution

Thank you from Paris. All is perfect. And your help has been usefull and friendly.

Regards,

Jérôme.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community