cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joylogy
Level 7

Command line Viruscan for download manager

Once again please bear me....
I am using a download manager(IDM) for downloading files from internet. I want it to scan my files after download is completed. Which file i need to point so that it works? And also give me the command line parameters if any.

It was easy in AVG. But in McAfee there are so many files...can I use mcods.exe for the same? or if any other file then pls specify with parameters.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Command line Viruscan for download manager

Not possible with the home products. VirusScan Home Edition scans downloads anyway and you can scan an individual file or folder by going to it in Windows Explorer and right-clicking then selecting "Scan".
0 Kudos
joylogy
Level 7

Yesterday I was facing some issues while posting reply in the forums. Anyways its very sad to know that Commanline scan is not provided in the Home products, But do McAfee scan all the downloaded files although by a 3rd part download mgr?
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Yes it does scan..
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The nearest thing to a command line scanner but not related is the DOS scanning procedure.

As I said, all files get scanned regardless of how they arrive. You can also right-click any file or folder or drive and select scan, in both regular and safe modes.
0 Kudos
joylogy
Level 7

Thanks for the extra bit of info...You are gr8!!
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome.
0 Kudos