Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
henro
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Cant turn off real time scanning

I recently downloaded Just Cause 2 from steam and i am getting an Error. i have read about the error and it says that Mcafee's real time scanning is the problem.

when I try to turn in off it is unresponsive. i can click scan your PC and Scheduled Scans fine but not real time scanning. I am administrator so i know that isnt the problem. I read the other post about this and it didnt give an answer

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cant turn off real time scanning

Moved to VirusScan.   In the user interface open Virus and Spyware Protection > Real Time Scanning and turn it off there, that doesn't work?   It should.  Run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes anything:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Assuming this is Windows, make sure it is totally up to date including parts you may never use such as Internet Explorer.  (McAfee uses it regardless of your default browser).

Or contact Technical Support, link below, it's free.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cant turn off real time scanning

@henro,

Generally a lot of times, with Steam Games/Fox Hud there have been Artemis! Detections. By chance have you experienced any?

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.