cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't update MalawareBytes malware detector..?

I've been using Malwarebytes Anti Malware flawlessly until recently when I went to download the latest malware info. from their site and NOW McAfee VS says that there a "Generic.dx" Trojan and won't let me download the latest updates?!

A code 2 error message box comes up simultaneously along with the McAfee warning window about the "Generic.dx" trojan it has detected.

"An error occured while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: Movefilefailed; code 2 The system cannot find the file specified"

--

This is the first time this has happend. I deleted the Malwarebyte Anti-Malware program to do a clean download, which apparently isn't the problem here, and NOW I can't even download it because VS thinks there's a "Generic.dx" virus involved.

Malwarebytes said that they have contacted McAfee regarding this and said that the "MBAM" module IS NOT a virus, but until then I can't download the program...?

Any suggestions or is something being done?
3 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Can't update MalawareBytes malware detector..?

It is a known issue and is being worked on.
Highlighted

Wow..looks like McAfee is on board..the download went through today, for me, all systems are go. Thanks!
Highlighted

That's good news as we recommend that tool a lot.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community