cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noni
Level 7

Can't exlude files/folder from scheduled scan

Jump to solution

When I try to add a file or folder to "Excluded files or Folders" I get the blocking message: "You cannot exclude this item because it's a critical system file folder. Excluding this item can cause a serious security problem o your PC."

The folder in question is just an old video game. Is there any way to go around this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Can't exlude files/folder from scheduled scan

Jump to solution

Now that is strange try renaming the folder or moving it to another folder/disk.

It still an issue post back and we will see what we can do.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Now that is strange try renaming the folder or moving it to another folder/disk.

It still an issue post back and we will see what we can do.

0 Kudos
noni
Level 7

Jump to solution

Renaming the folder didnt work, moving it however did (from Program Files folder to Downloads). Thanks. Do you know what could be causing the original error message? My user account has "full control" and owner status of the folder and so on and like I said there isnt anything "critical" about the folder contents.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Program files folder could be classed as a higher level folder but better I ask on monday's mod call and update you. At least what I suggested worked.

Three questions what version of Mcafee 13.6 or 12.8 and what was the folder name that the game was in? Also what operating System?

0 Kudos