cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macksfc
Level 7

Can not Install Internet Security

I

I hope someone can me help out. I try to reinstall McAfee Internet Security that is from Windstream that I pay for each month. Every time I get it to load it comes up, but tells me that virus protection is not installed. When I open it the following work. Update, firewall, home network, quick clean and vulnerability. Everything works except the virus scan. I was on the phone to support, after more than four (4) hours and being transferred Five (5) times they can not get it to install. I downloaded another Virus scan and it worked, so it is not my computer that one of the techs try to tell me because he could not fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Can not Install Internet Security

Could you please post back the Service Request #, as I can furnish our Forum Resident Tech 2.5 Engineer with. He can take a look at what was basically done during your experience with Technical support.

Thank you in advance

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
macksfc
Level 7

The Numbers were 1666480900, 1666508420 and 1666525898.

Thank You

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Again, this was indeed McAfee Technical Support that assisted you? As listed in POST # 2. I need to know that it was not your ISP Technical Support.

Colleague Hayton has some excellent suggestions/Advice indeed. I neglected to mention that, for I had thought McAfee Support would had make certain?

Thank you,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you please kindly respond back to Selvan in regards to his questions. He is the Forum Tech and is trying to help resolve your issues. It would go a long way in getting them indeed resolved.

Thank you in Advance

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

May I ask if it was McAfee Technical Support? Services and Support for Home and Office

Or was it your ISP Technical Support?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

First thing to look for is the presence of another antivirus program running on your system. Sometimes that can block installation of the McAfee real-time component.

Second thing is to consider that there may be malware on the system that's preventing the installation. You've already downloaded another AV program and run it, so if nothing showed up on that scan you're probably okay.

And the third possibility is that if you uninstalled McAfee the uninstallation left behind some files which a fresh installation is unable to overwrite, or some registry keys which also prevent a fresh installation. After uninstalling McAfee it's always a good idea to run the MCPR tool to clean up any files and registry keys left behind.

0 Kudos
macksfc
Level 7

I run MCPR tool everytime. I have uninstalled my malware program and the other anti-virue. This started about four day ago. At first Windstream was helping me, today they told me to go to McAfee Support. I have also try to install it in safe mode with no change. I also run %temp% to clean folders and clean internet cookies.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you for clarifying that it was indeed McAfee Technical support. I will now send the Service requests numbers to our Forum Tech. Please keep check on the Forum, as we are unaware of his work hours.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
macksfc
Level 7

Checking to see if your Forum Tech is back. I need to get a antivirus program back on my computer.

0 Kudos