Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majesty
Level 7

Application with error mcods.exe

Hello everyone,

This topic is about the errors I'm getting, regarding this topic: Click

Please take a look at that, before replying here.

After I had done all that, this is the new error I'm getting (found it in the Windows Error logs):
Application with error mcods.exe, version 13.3.115.0, timestamp 0x496808dc, module with error ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, timestamp 0x4791adec, exceptional code 0xc0000374, errormarge 0x00000000000a6e97, proces-id 0x39c, Application starting time 0x01c993591d370c10.

I translated it to English, this is the original version:
Toepassing met fout mcods.exe, versie 13.3.115.0, tijdstempel 0x496808dc, module met fout ntdll.dll, versie 6.0.6001.18000, tijdstempel 0x4791adec, uitzonderingscode 0xc0000374, foutmarge 0x00000000000a6e97, proces-id 0x39c, starttijd van toepassing 0x01c993591d370c10.

As said before, please take a look at the other thread to know what is going on, and what actions I've been taking already.

If any more information is needed, please tell me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

PS. I'm using Vista Basic 64 bit.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Application with error mcods.exe

Assuming it's the home products that you are using.

The best thing to do would be an uninstall, cleanup and reinstall. Also, if you are in the habit of using registry cleaners, please stop as they often clean more than they are supposed to. That is often the cause of these kind of errors.

1. Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".

2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC... This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, XP or 2000 SP4 to use this tool)

3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming

4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site. (NOT from any CD that you may have).
0 Kudos
Majesty
Level 7

Alright, thanks a lot for the information, I'll be right on it!

And yes, I'm in the habit of using Registry Cleaners like CCleaner.
Should I completely stop using them?
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I think with CCleaner it's possible to select what it cleans (it's been a while since I used it) so just don't let it clean anything "McAfee"...!
0 Kudos
Majesty
Level 7

Yes I can let it make exceptions on:
- A folder
- A map
- A registry file(?)

Should I just add the McAfee folder out of Program Files (x86)?

And, it doesn't let me install McAfee, after I submitted which files I want to install, it starts gathering the download information and then this error occurs:

In English:
Installation cannot continue

Several problems occur while installing your McAfee-Software (error while downloading: 12152). You can do the following things to solve this problem: (not available for Windows Vista 64-bit Systems)

- Try reinstalling the software

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

0 Kudos
Majesty
Level 7

Tried it after a few minutes, and now I'm getting the "120002" error. Same message, just the error changed.

I've tried to search it up on http://service.mcafee.com/FAQSearch.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1 but I can't find anything to solve it.

EDIT: And now it is 76556
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

In that first FAQ I gave it has a link directly to Technical Support Chat (free 24/7) or the link is in my signature. Try them.
0 Kudos
Majesty
Level 7

Thank you for the tip.

I've been chatting with one of their Technicians , and he made me downloading a tool which removed all of my temporary files and such, not sure if it really had to do with that but hey, it works again.

I think it had something to do with my internet connection.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Glad you are OK now, good luck.

Moved to the solved area.
0 Kudos