cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-virus keeps putting file in quarantine even if it's supposed to be ignored, how do I solve this?

McAfee keeps sending a few files, that I need in order to execute a .exe.

I added the folder of the application into the ignore list through the schedule Scan, and I also added the file. I, then, restored the file from the Quarantined and Trusted Items and proceeded to launch the application to see it terminated and next thing you know, the file in question is in quarantine.

It's getting VERY annoying !!

0 Kudos
29 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Anti-virus keeps putting file in quarantine even if it's supposed to be ignored, how do I solve this?

It is real time scanner that needs an exclusion list but it does not have 1. This scanner is what is detecting the false +ve not the scheduled scan

You need to submit the file for testing as per

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

When you get a reply please reply to it with The following

Subject line must say

FALSE:

Prefix the email subject line with the word FALSE. For example:

FALSE: In-house file being detected by McAfee

you could also add NOAUTO to prevent an automatic reply

Post the analysis ID here

0 Kudos

Re: Anti-virus keeps putting file in quarantine even if it's supposed to be ignored, how do I solve this?

How exactly do I do so?

Every time I select the files, they are sent to the Quarantine, I can't even drag them into the ZIP.

This is rather exhausting... having to fight vs the Quarantine.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Disable real time scanner while you do this go to real time scanning and turn it off for 15 minutes. Reenable it as soon as you send teh email

0 Kudos

Here is the analysis ID: 7589067

also, would you mind explaining to me what you mean by

Peacekeeper wrote:

FALSE:

Prefix the email subject line with the word FALSE. For example:

FALSE: In-house file being detected by McAfee

like, would "False: unharmful files quarantined"  work? I'm a bit clueless about this matter

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

What I meant is say in subject FALSE file being wrongly detected by Mcafee as (insert name of detection) NOAUTO

What you said is fine

If no fix notified in say 5 days post back and I will stir the pot.

Thank you good sir, I appreciate the help.

Have a good day/evening/night.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

No problem you should get this fixed in 2 days though with the weekend maybe not so fast.

Hi Peacekeepr,

We're onto the 6th day of wait right now and the issue is still not resolved.

What should I do at this point?    

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Nothing I will do it ie ping a lab tech

0 Kudos