cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suez
Level 7

A normal activation key automatically deleted by McAfee as virus - how to resolve this issue

I am trying to install a new translation software. When ever I try to copy the activation key for that  software on my laptop which has McAfee antivirus installed, this MsAfee anti virus detects the activation key of  software as a potential virus and deletes it before I can install or copy it into my laptop from my pen drive. Please suggest me procedure, what settings I should make into my McAfee antivirus so that activation key of that software is not deleted from my laptop by McAfee.  Can any one help how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: A normal activation key automatically deleted by McAfee as virus - how to resolve this issue

I moved this to the VirusScan sub-section assuming you have to consumer/home product installed.

You could try two approaches.

Temporarily disable VirusScan until the product is activated.

Do this by opening SecurityCenter (double-click the taskbar icon)

Click Virus and Spyware Protection

Open real-time scanning and turn it off temporarily.

You could also submit the file for clearance, although that will take some time.

There's a help file I made up about that here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/10/13 12:17:19 EDT PM
0 Kudos
suez
Level 7

Re: A normal activation key automatically deleted by McAfee as virus - how to resolve this issue

Dear Peter,

Thank you, your suggestions are sounding to be very helpful. I will try the methods you have explained in your thread post and come back with outcome soon.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck.

0 Kudos