cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: working set high when scan

I need a possible reasons for the processes jump high memory just after the scan start. . Anyone has the idea ?

sakurai_tabi

When the scan was sent ?? Every day, or just one day a week, and that day is weekend or Monday to Friday and at what time ?? Because if the pc´s are not connected to the network when the scanning is programmed, that is why it can be that when it achieves the EPO to see them the scans and consumes so much resource of the equipment

hello sakuri_tabi

Here happens continuously, the OAS that sends the EPO, consumes the physical resource of the equipment, should not last more than 1 hour for security.

it's every weekend sunday, the start time just like in the graph shown.

seems really logoff all the login sessions before scan really helps on the problem.

I logged off all the idle sessions on the Windows. The available memory only drops around 60MB after scan

Ok, I understand a little, then what should be checked is the EPO, which is sent to scan, and see if you can lower the level of scanning.

are there any way to limit windows residential cache used by mcafee scan?

anyone has the idea ?

If you can limit the scan, and you can see where and where, is where most consumed resource, sakurai_tabi Allow me and I give you the steps where it is done

I want fullscan. But I just want to know are there any setting to limit the "residential cache" used by mcafee.

"system cache residential bytes"

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community