cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows login failed

Hello . I have problems with some workstations and servers, later install virusscan enterprise 8.8 Patch6 and reboot the equipment I can't login to windows.  I have the message ACCESS DENIED, with local or domain account I can't login to windows.

I have noticed that if I write wrong password I obtain the message "password failed", but if I write correct password I obtain "ACCESS DENIED".  I can't windows login.

Like the machine is up, I have disabled Access Protection (by ePO policy and wake-up agent) and I can do windows login, my access protection haven't any rules enabled but I must disable all access protection engine and then I can windows login.

Other workaround, I must reboot windows in safe mode, to do login and reboot machine and the problem disappear, and then I can windows login normally.

Please your help if someone has had the same behaviour.

thanks

Vanessa

19 Replies
tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 20

Re: windows login failed

This is a known issue. Please review https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85648.

The KB will be updated when a fix is published.

petchi
Level 9
Message 3 of 20

Hi

I had the same issue in my environment. You want to deploy the DAT rule updater on all clients to avoid the Access Denied issue

Now I don't getting any user calls after updating this DAT rule updater

Package : MFEDATRU1200

Please get in touch with Mcafee support team to get download this package

Thanks,

Petchi S

thanks everybody, how can I obtain this package? MFEDATRU1200 .. Only opening a mcafee service request?...

tomz2
Level 11
Message 5 of 20

Correct. The package referenced is only available from support.

Hi, we have had this problem and the support have said they do not have any fix or package do you have a SR number I could get them to reference

petchi
Level 9
Message 7 of 20

Hi,

Sure! you can refer our SR 4-12277344116

Thanks,

Petchi S

Highlighted

yes! .. I created a SR and obtained the package .. maybe copy the reported problem ..

Thanks for this, I am struggling to get support to release the package apparently only 2 people have access to the pack and they were both off Friday, not sure have a 24/7 support company can operate like this. we have had machines dropping off with this fault for over a month and McAfee's response is to open a product enhancement.

Unblack
Level 10
Message 10 of 20

we have the same problem.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator