cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 2008R2 server network is slow virusscan enterprise + Antispyware Enterprise 8.70i

windows 2008R2 server  network is  very slow  when  virusscan  enterprise +  Antispyware Enterprise  8.70i is activated how to fix this issue any ideas

6 Replies

Re: windows 2008R2 server network is slow virusscan enterprise + Antispyware Enterprise 8.70i

Morning there,

First of all not much info to work with...

Which exact VSE 8.7 version do you have? Patch 5? Is this server a backup server? Which role does this server have?

When do you have the slowness? When do you access to a network share? all network shares? when copying files? any specific extension? All sizes? ..... As you can see we have lack of info to help you

Please, provide a bit more info and we can try to help you

Cheers,

José María

Re: windows 2008R2 server network is slow virusscan enterprise + Antispyware Enterprise 8.70i

Thanks for yor Reply Jose Maria

please find the version details

AVS.PNG

This is not a backup server

This server act as a build machine  and it will check out the code from the SVN server . When the Antivirus is enabled the total time to check out  30 GB data is  more than  3 hrs. when we diable the Antivirus total time for checkout is 30  to  40 min. The machine is not a VM and it is a physical machine  ,it has 10 G Network Adapter and SSD is a storage.i hope  you got your answers

Thanks

Chithambara suman

By doing exclusion for running application related process and Directory from AV scanning will fix the issue.

Hi Chithambara,

It sounds to me that scan archives option is ticked. Please, check if the option is ticked under OAS (On access scanner) and see if there is any improvement.

Regards,

José María

Thanks

Ansarias and Jose Maria

The scan archives option is not ticked .  i had tried exclusion for running application related process and Directory from AV.i can see the issue get fixed.

but the problem  is application related process and Directory is automatically get removed from exclusion .how to permanently add.

i had tried via the below method

exclusion.PNG

Thanks

Chithambara

Hi Chithambara,

That means that your machines are manage via ePO (console to manage your clients). You should create the exclusions in ePO otherwise every 5 minutes (time by default where client will communicate with ePO) will be overwrite.

P.S: Be carefull how do you define your exclusons and not create too open exclusions, I cannot see properly from the screenshot but it looks like you are excluding all users profiles and all the subfolders (quite open and dangerous exclusions) as many viruses uses the user profiles to infect the machine.

We need to balance between performance and security but without opening a big hole to make the machine faster, otherwise remove the antivirus and it will run like a Ferrari.

Best regards,

José María

El mensaje fue editado por: llamamecomoquieras on 29/07/14 8:56:58 CEST