Accepted Solutions
tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: why we need to update patch files for vse

Jump to solution

Hi Jagadeesh,

I'm not 100% sure what exactly you are asking. If you're asking why you need to update VSE, VSE is like any other piece of software. There are bugs, there are issues that are found in customer environments that are fixed, etc. At a high level, it's no different than why Microsoft releases Windows updates every month.

If you're asking about the Patch type that you would see listed in the ePO Master Repository, you have to check in the standalone patches for VSE because, well, they are the patches for the product. If you have existing systems running VSE, the Mcafee Agent uses these packages to update VSE on managed systems. The deployment of patches occurs based on Product Update tasks that you would build and schedule using the Client Task Catalog.

If you're asking why you patch VSE specifically, then I'd suggest reading this post by William Warren. -

Hope this helps.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

hi team ,

nobody know about this 

tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Jagadeesh,

I'm not 100% sure what exactly you are asking. If you're asking why you need to update VSE, VSE is like any other piece of software. There are bugs, there are issues that are found in customer environments that are fixed, etc. At a high level, it's no different than why Microsoft releases Windows updates every month.

If you're asking about the Patch type that you would see listed in the ePO Master Repository, you have to check in the standalone patches for VSE because, well, they are the patches for the product. If you have existing systems running VSE, the Mcafee Agent uses these packages to update VSE on managed systems. The deployment of patches occurs based on Product Update tasks that you would build and schedule using the Client Task Catalog.

If you're asking why you patch VSE specifically, then I'd suggest reading this post by William Warren. -

Hope this helps.

Jump to solution

hi Tomz,

thank you so much for your kind answer

cheers

jagadeesh