cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: where is signature update places?

Why not just define the repository in ePO and point the Client policies to use that ? :confused:

You can assume what you will... but from these messages, I got the question...

How can I create a private repository that I can point clients to that will update them without using/installing ePO/PrP using of my own personal http/ftp updater by mirroring the McAfee repository?

Doesn't this imply the poster already has ePO installed ?

Yes, but it could be a trial or the user could want to do something for another network/company or for personal use... Heck it could even be used to create a method of Hijack and exploit in an advanced hack attack.

I still don't know the "why" for sure, but I was just stating what I interpretted the question to be in order to create an answer.
Maytee
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 15 of 20

i think he(secured2k) would like to do other method.

do i understand correctly?

u want to create repository in the server without ePO installed, right?

for this way, the client will not necessary to update through internet, right?

Look - if you have ePO running on a server in your organisation then all you need to do is to creat a shar on any server that it can access and create "Distributed Repository" - probably a UNC one is easiest if you don't want to install AV or the ePO Agent on the target server.

Once that Repository is created you can simply point your PC clinet's at that using the ePO Agent Policy settings and you can keep that repository up to date by simply repliocating the ePO MAster repository to it whenever you require.

Jim
Maytee
Level 7
Message 17 of 20

now i didnt install av to my epo server, then i use update now in my av from client and the updatelog.txt said "Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository: VSCANCEU1000, EXTRADAT1000, BOCVSE__1000."

how can i fix this

sad

Highlighted
Maytee
Level 7
Message 19 of 20

if i don't want to installed av in my server( ePO server run on this sever), so i've to create folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine" in my server to use this path for update client av signature, right?

thx all for ur kindness

mengoz

What is your native language?

The actual location on the server does not matter as long as clients have access to a folder structure that matches the one at the 'CommonUpdater' links. Not all sub-product keys will be needed.
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.