cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vse 8.8 patch 6, default full scan task which is not managed by ePO start automatically for some users

I have observed a new issue with my users this time, some of the users who reported system freezing showed me there was default full scan task running along with Managed full scan task on their machines. This is strange as the default full scan task which comes with VSE is not supposed to run as I have deployed a managed full scan task from the ePO. any idea why this is happening ?

2 Replies
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: vse 8.8 patch 6, default full scan task which is not managed by ePO start automatically for some users

McAfee VirusScan ships with default full scan tasks. In my environment, they show as not scheduled. These tasks cannot be managed by ePO and can run if the end-user changes them to a scheduled time. I have tested creating another local scan task and scheduled it to run as the same time of a ePO managed scan task. I saw two scan tasks running causing the system to be very slow. You need to see if these local tasks have been enabled by the end-user and have them disabled. This can't be disabled via ePO as far as I know.

Re: vse 8.8 patch 6, default full scan task which is not managed by ePO start automatically for some users

we have users for whom the VSE opens in readly only mode also all items are password protected in VSE and i am pretty sure user cannot run the default local scan task. also the schedule i have checked shows disabled i mean there is no tick mark in the enable option for local scan task.