cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v8.5 w patch 8 versus v8.7 patch 1 (when released)

We've been using 8.5 for a long time. I've had my users at patch 5 (except for Vista users). I didn't see a reason to go to a newer patch in 8.5 but am wondering what I am missing.

Are there big advantage to go from 8.5 p5 -> 8.5 p8 OR should I wait for long awaited patch 1 of 8.7 (we tested 8.7 on a dozen Win XP and several Windows 7 with no problem)?

Just wondering what others are doing.
2 Replies

RE: v8.5 w patch 8 versus v8.7 patch 1 (when released)

We are going from 8.0P15 to 8.7 at the moment, without any problems, I find 8.7 compareable with 8.5P4.

reg, Henno.

Same setup here

I have exactly the same setup as you do. Most up-to-date workstations are 8.5 Patch 5. It looks like they're never going to fix the issue where you need to apply a hotfix before another patch, so I'm keeping it the way it is. I will wait at least one month after 8.7 Patch 1 comes out before I start testing it.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community