cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

v8.5 w patch 8 versus v8.7 patch 1 (when released)

We've been using 8.5 for a long time. I've had my users at patch 5 (except for Vista users). I didn't see a reason to go to a newer patch in 8.5 but am wondering what I am missing.

Are there big advantage to go from 8.5 p5 -> 8.5 p8 OR should I wait for long awaited patch 1 of 8.7 (we tested 8.7 on a dozen Win XP and several Windows 7 with no problem)?

Just wondering what others are doing.
2 Replies

RE: v8.5 w patch 8 versus v8.7 patch 1 (when released)

We are going from 8.0P15 to 8.7 at the moment, without any problems, I find 8.7 compareable with 8.5P4.

reg, Henno.
Highlighted

Same setup here

I have exactly the same setup as you do. Most up-to-date workstations are 8.5 Patch 5. It looks like they're never going to fix the issue where you need to apply a hotfix before another patch, so I'm keeping it the way it is. I will wait at least one month after 8.7 Patch 1 comes out before I start testing it.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community