cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: RE: "Virus scan on-access scan is disabled" - ????

Thank you very much, this really solved my problem.

I have EPO 4.5 and I unchecked this option for the servers, but caused Mcsheild service to be come paused.

Your solution helped me alot.

Highlighted

RE: "Virus scan on-access scan is disabled" - ????

Thanks for the tip. It was unchecked as you said. I checked the box, woke up the servers, and checked the services and behold - they were no longer paused. I had checked this setting before in ePO - apparently I must have looked at the Workstation version instead of the Server version - that's hard to do!

Thanks again...
Highlighted

Enable On Access-Scan

This is what i tried to enable On Access-Scan. Go to VirusScan Console > help > repair installation. In the new opened window check the 2 check box and click ok. This will reset mcafee settings and sdat file. Update the mcafee. Enjoy......
Highlighted

Re: "Virus scan on-access scan is disabled" - ????

I had a similar problem, the Total Protection Service UI listed on-access scan as disabled. The service was not started up after reboot either.

I found a manual work-around that I could see as scriptable, but here is what I found:

If you disable ALL McAfee services in the Services console.

Re-enable the services in this order:

McShield

McAfee Personal Firewall Service

McAfee Virus and Spyware protection

McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise

Voila, it works.

Simply starting the McShield service was NOT enough, I had to disable ALL and re-enable in a specific order.

The frustrating thing about this error is that the "Fix Now" button, as well as the "Enable" buttons, are all disabled in the UI, so it seems like a hopeless problem. Luckily I found a fix, but this is a big bug that McAfee needs to look at asap.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community