cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gupisone
Level 7

Re: RE: "Virus scan on-access scan is disabled" - ????

Thank you very much, this really solved my problem.

I have EPO 4.5 and I unchecked this option for the servers, but caused Mcsheild service to be come paused.

Your solution helped me alot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TimHerman
Level 7

RE: "Virus scan on-access scan is disabled" - ????

Thanks for the tip. It was unchecked as you said. I checked the box, woke up the servers, and checked the services and behold - they were no longer paused. I had checked this setting before in ePO - apparently I must have looked at the Workstation version instead of the Server version - that's hard to do!

Thanks again...
0 Kudos
sarasvatas
Level 7

Enable On Access-Scan

This is what i tried to enable On Access-Scan. Go to VirusScan Console > help > repair installation. In the new opened window check the 2 check box and click ok. This will reset mcafee settings and sdat file. Update the mcafee. Enjoy......
0 Kudos
xmlsteve
Level 7

Re: "Virus scan on-access scan is disabled" - ????

I had a similar problem, the Total Protection Service UI listed on-access scan as disabled. The service was not started up after reboot either.

I found a manual work-around that I could see as scriptable, but here is what I found:

If you disable ALL McAfee services in the Services console.

Re-enable the services in this order:

McShield

McAfee Personal Firewall Service

McAfee Virus and Spyware protection

McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise

Voila, it works.

Simply starting the McShield service was NOT enough, I had to disable ALL and re-enable in a specific order.

The frustrating thing about this error is that the "Fix Now" button, as well as the "Enable" buttons, are all disabled in the UI, so it seems like a hopeless problem. Luckily I found a fix, but this is a big bug that McAfee needs to look at asap.

0 Kudos