Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbenedix
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 12

Re: "PUP Scan Summary" pop-up after scan

You were a bit to fast for me :-), but yeah. The popup is intentional and the behaviour you see is perfectly normal. If you want this behaviour changed, file a PER (KB60021) so this can be considered for a future version of the product. I. e. "please make popup threshold configurable or include tickbox somewhere in UI so popup can be disabled".

But there is a weird thing going on, which I also noticed during my quick testing and which you confirmed with your post #9. The count (in the popup) does not increase beyond 13 for me (you did not point out this discrepancy in your original post, this might have caused the initial confusion :-)). I checked with custom PuPs (created 20 but count remained 13 in pop up) and also with the toolpack from nirsoft (18 detections, 13 in popup). This would certainly constitute incorrect or broken functionality. I suggest you raise that with McAfee support, so it can be investigated and addressed appropriately. Reference this thread when you raise it with support, should be a comprehensive read.

Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 12

Re: "PUP Scan Summary" pop-up after scan

sbenedix wrote:

You were a bit to fast for me :-), but yeah. The popup is intentional and the behaviour you see is perfectly normal. If you want this behaviour changed, file a PER (KB60021) so this can be considered for a future version of the product. I. e. "please make popup threshold configurable or include tickbox somewhere in UI so popup can be disabled".

Is this really normal behaviour from VSE? Have never encountered it before, and it seems unintuitive. Also, if I have 10 detections of other threats (eg Eicar) in a scan - I don't get a similar popup.

As I indicated earlier, it looks like leftover code from the ASE module that wasn't properly integrated into VSE.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community