Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cda
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

problem with updating VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i

Hi,

Recently I have been having problems with updating my copy of VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i.  Attached is the log of the failure.  The failure happens whether the task runs as a scheduled job, or whether I start it manually.  Can anyone suggest a way to fix the issue and get my virus definitions updated?

Thanks!

-cda

6 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Message 2 of 7

Re: problem with updating VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i

Hi cda,
Im moving this thread to the enterprise community where you will be getting help soon.

Regards,
Dinesh K
Mcafee Online community moderator

cda
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you Dinesh.

One more piece of information... I think this could be firewall/router related.  I just moved in October and am now using my roommate's router.  Since then, the last time an update worked, I had my computer at a friend's house.  Perhaps there are certain settings I must place on my router?

Thanks,

-cda

Highlighted

It is the router that is blocking this, we have had this problem with a few of our laptop users that try to update at home. The exact setting that was blocking it was the SPI = Stateful Packet Inspection. You will need to turn that off in your router and it will correct the issue.

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 7

Your engine is failing to update, download the superdat file from here http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=uk&segment=enterprise

This will update to the latest DAt abd engine that day, run this logged in as a user with admin rights and then reboot.

Now the next day see if the update works for the normal daily dat.

cda
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Thank you sthayden and tonyb99!

sthayden:  I am trying to get the password for our router, so I've been unable to test your suggestion as of yet.  I will report back when I can try it out.

tonyb99:  Will the manual superDAT update work regardless of the version of DAT I am currently running?  And is that the link for version 8.5.0i?  There is no version mentioned on the download page, so I just want to be sure that's the right version before I run the installer.

Thanks again,

-cda

yes, the superdat is universal, it will bring you up to date no matter the dat you are currently on, it is also not VSE version specific.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community