Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 61 of 84

Re: problem after upgrading VSE8.8 to patch 4

We found that cleaning all cache files takes care of both IE Explore and explore...  IEExplore must be at version 9. Most of the fix is updating IE Explore but the stubborn ones require a cleaning.   Windows Explore requires a good cleaning however, i have my first win explore.exe BO that even a good cleaning won't fix so we chose to reimage it instead of spending any mroe time on it,

Cleaning:

C:\windows\temp

C:\users\ID\AppData\local\TEMP

C:\users\ID\AppData\local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\delete all folders in this section.   (obviously if they are using the system some wont remove and thats ok)

C:\Users\ID\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5

C:\Users\ID\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 62 of 84

I am having an issue with a system. We have rebuilt this system for success that lasted a whole 3 hours. We have removed Outlook from the system which is the same version the rest of the organization is using without issues however, this system is logging buffer overflow with Outlook.exe.

We removed Outlook  and attempted to access the website again just to receive another IS buffer overflow this time showing ieExplore.exe which is at version 9 like the rest of us. I am beside myself trying to trouble shoot this one.

AccessProtectionLOG 

4/10/2014 10:59:04 AM Would be blocked by Access Protection rule  (rule is currently not enforced)  our_domain\Username C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE C:\Users\nrsn312\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\desktop.ini Common Standard Protection:Prevent common programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute

4/10/2014 10:59:07 AM Would be blocked by Access Protection rule  (rule is currently not enforced)  our_domain\Username C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE C:\Users\nrsn312\AppData\Local\Temp\OUTLOOK LOGGING\firstrun.log Common Standard Protection:Prevent common programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute

4/10/2014 10:59:07 AM Would be blocked by Access Protection rule  (rule is currently not enforced)  our_domainD\Username C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE C:\Users\nrsn312\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\TEMPLATES\NORMALEMAIL.DOTM Common Standard Protection:Prevent common programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute

4/10/2014 11:18:55 AM Would be blocked by Access Protection rule  (rule is currently not enforced)  our_domain\Username C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\index.dat Common Standard Protection:Prevent common programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute

4/10/2014 11:20:21 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:20:21 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:20:21 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\naPrdMgr.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:20:22 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\windows\system32\mfevtps.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:20:22 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mfeann.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:20:22 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mcshield.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:20:25 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:20:26 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:40:18 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\windows\CCM\CcmExec.exe C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\shstat.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

4/10/2014 11:43:45 AM Would be blocked by Access Protection rule  (rule is currently not enforced)  our domain\Username C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\index.dat Common Standard Protection:Prevent common programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute

BufferOverflowProtectionLog file

4/10/2014 10:40:14 AM Blocked by Buffer Overflow Protection  Our_domain\Username C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::113de9e4 BO:Writable BO:Heap

4/10/2014 10:56:32 AM Blocked by Buffer Overflow Protection  Our_domain\Username C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::21203938 BO:Stack

4/10/2014 11:20:48 AM Blocked by Buffer Overflow Protection  Our_domain\Username2 C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe:NTDLL.KiUserExceptionDispatcher::61746164 BO:Stack

EmailOnDelivery

4/10/2014 10:59:13 AM  Engine version                          = 5600.1067

4/10/2014 10:59:13 AM  AntiVirus   DAT version                 = 7403.0

4/10/2014 10:59:13 AM  Number of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT = None

4/10/2014 10:59:13 AM  Names of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT  = None

4/10/2014 10:59:13 AM On-Delivery E-mail Scan Started

final result after the rebuild and removing Outlook.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you Sol

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 63 of 84

The website that seems to be causing all of this is 

https://achieve.ndchealth.com/transactions/logon    and so on and so on.  People are blocked from doing their job because of the ieExplore BO. Is it us or is it possibly the website? they have not had this issue until yesterday

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/04/14 2:35:50 EDT PM
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 64 of 84

Is it possible that the website is causing the issue?

Sol the board's spam filters caught the penultimate post and I've reinstated it.   Assume that's an OK link?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 66 of 84

Yes thank you.. it is legit. I would not post anything but legitimacy

I thought not.... 😉

I edited out g i r l s, because I think that's what the board didn't like.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/04/14 2:36:57 EDT PM
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 69 of 84

They don't like g  i r  l s? wow.... discrimination at best.    lol  thanks for the laugh, I could not resist it!!

LOL

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community