cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible removal problem

Jump to solution

Hi, my wife's laptop was running the VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i which I uninstalled via Control Panel in Vista SP2.  (She was able to get a very low price on that through school and that was the only reason I installed that version on a home laptop.)  That uninstallion via Control Panel went well.

I downloaded and ran (as Administrator) that removel tool by McAfee.  I've run that several times and keep getting the message that ... CLEANUP FAILED, cleanup is already running.  I've rebooted several times but still receive that message when running that utility.

I'm not really concerned since I installed another AV program and there were no error messages.  Should I be concerned ... or not?

Thanks, Dave Horne

Message was edited by: davehorne on 11/25/09 6:38 AM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
maziz
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: possible removal problem

Jump to solution

Hi Dave

Yep, it seems you downloaded the same tool I mentioned. This tool would fail to remove VirusScan Enterprise.

Removing from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs should be sufficient.

5 Replies
maziz
Level 10
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi

Do you know which tool your running?

What is the name of the file you are running? Is it MCPR?

If it is MCPR, then you dont need to worry as this a McAfee Consumer Product removal tool and will not succeed in removing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.

Hope this helps.

Jump to solution

The tool from McAfee that I downloaded was from this address ...  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

and the location of the tool was ... http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

So, should I assume that Control Panel removed everything?

Thanks, Dave Horne

Highlighted
maziz
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Dave

Yep, it seems you downloaded the same tool I mentioned. This tool would fail to remove VirusScan Enterprise.

Removing from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs should be sufficient.

Jump to solution

Thanks!

All the best, Dave Horne

Jump to solution

IMPORTANT: MCPR.exe is a tool for consumer products only! Please do not use this tool on any machine that has corporrate products installed.

If you have any difficulties uninstalling the programs through add/remove programs, please consult the KnowledgeBase , searching for manual removal of "your product name"

HTH

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community