cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

network drive scanning definition

Hi,

does anyone here know is VSE defining network drive? I ask specifically for the OAS Scan Items "on network drive" checkbox. How does the software differentiate the network drive from a local drive? I ask as I recently noticed a file share system with a locally mounted network drive that was scanned even with the option disabled. Thank you in advance for any advice on the matter

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: network drive scanning definition

Network access drives are not, by default, scanned for malware when you access the drive.

Identifying Network Drives for VSE and scanning them on the basis of its location  is completely dependent on how Windows establishes which drives are local, mapped, fixed, or removable.

Thank you 

Highlighted

Re: network drive scanning definition

If it's not dependent on Windows establishing the drive information, do we have any data available what is the criteria used?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community