cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

.msp files showing McAfee as Name of signer

Jump to solution

Hello, we have encountered an issue in one of the servers we manage in where several .msp files are stacking up consuming a lot of storage and what concerns also is that whenever we check the properties on it it shows McAfee as Name of singer. We would like to know why is McAfee showing there as a Name of signer and if this is related to McAfee since it also shows on the file details that this is a Windows Installer patch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: .msp files showing McAfee as Name of signer

Jump to solution

Hi @Edgar1210,

Thank you for your response and apologies for my delay. I am afraid, I do not have the answers to your queries with the current level of information I have with me. May I request you to create a Support Request with us so that we can look into this? Based on the location, this can very well be a McAfee installation patch file as well and hence it is better to examine the file, confirm what it contains and based on the same involve the experts of that product to investigate.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Edgar1210,

Glad to see you here, Apologies for the delay in response. This could need some on call investigation. I could not recall any known issues in the recent past, but certainly looks like installer cache corruption.

May I know how many endpoints are impacted?

Is it only one machine ?

Is it running the latest version we have to offer for VSE 8.8 P14 ?

Are these coming up even after deleting them?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response @AdithyanT , my answers below:

-At the moment we have just noticed this in 1 node.

-Seems to be the only machine(so far).

-This is an old ePO and I don't think it has the latest version for VSE.

-We haven't tried to delete them. Should we delete them? 

These are my concerns:

We would like to know what are these .msp files about?

Are these from McAfee or Microsoft?

Why do they have McAfee Inc. as a name of signer if these are windows Installer Patches?

Are they important?

I apologize for all these questions, I would appreciate if you could answer all of them. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Edgar1210,

Thank you for your response and apologies for my delay. I am afraid, I do not have the answers to your queries with the current level of information I have with me. May I request you to create a Support Request with us so that we can look into this? Based on the location, this can very well be a McAfee installation patch file as well and hence it is better to examine the file, confirm what it contains and based on the same involve the experts of that product to investigate.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community