cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcshield.exe high cpu usage, unusable system after fresh install

I see this thread was started in 2012 on VSE patch 1 or 2... it's not 2016 and my corporate environment is running VSE patch 8 - this issue is still occurring. Excessive CPU and disk R/W usage.

4 Replies

Re: mcshield.exe high cpu usage, unusable system after fresh install

There is a 2016 and problem is still exist ,  i've a corporate solution with 6000 systems. I configured the polices and exclusions etc... and users still complaining for mcafee. Everyday mcshield holding the computers for few minutes for scan (what scan ? i don't know becouse there is no scan sheduled) . MC-shield takes 80-90% of i5 procesors resources. ...

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

As reasons change over the years I've given you your own thread and marked it active.

-----

Peter

wwarren
Level 15
Message 4 of 5

lukas_d1 wrote:

There is a 2016 and problem is still exist ,  i've a corporate solution with 6000 systems. I configured the polices and exclusions etc... and users still complaining for mcafee. Everyday mcshield holding the computers for few minutes for scan (what scan ? i don't know becouse there is no scan sheduled) . MC-shield takes 80-90% of i5 procesors resources. ...

I'm inclined to believe your users then, that McShield will at times spike in CPU usage.

It would help to know from them also what activity they were engaged in just prior to noticing the lag or reason for checking CPU usage. Even if they say "I don't know" that is helpful.

You would also need to review your settings for the On Access Scanner, since you already eliminated the On Demand scanner as a possible cause. In lieu of data from the User's systems of what activity is occurring, the review would simply be to be certain you do not have obvious impacting settings enabled.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
wwarren
Level 15
Message 5 of 5

We don't have a patch 8 yet; the ETA for that release is end of August.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee