Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpl
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

mcafee virusscan enterprise 8.8 patch 4 Problems with Citrix

We are an installation with 2500 clients and using VMWARE ESX and Citrix.

After installing Patch 4 in our enviroment Citrix start to respont to login and could not count how many users on each citrix server. that means users was refused to login because of corrupted data in the data collector in Citrix.

After we found out that Patch 4 could be problem we uninstallede on all servers in the Citrix enviroment. and then performance was back and users could login again !

Does anyone have seeen that problem before ?

I have adressed this problem too our service provider in denmark... but  I would like to hear if there are others with the same experience ?

6 Replies

Re: mcafee virusscan enterprise 8.8 patch 4 Problems with Citrix

The same here - after Patch 4  logons take several times longer and if user is patient enough to wait till it finishes in many cases user drives and printers are not mapped 

Reverting our farm to P2

cpl
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

Nice to se that we are not alone with this experience, Perhaps McAfee will take it serius from now on..

We are seeing slow logins on our Citrix VMs as well after installing patch 4. A couple of our physical Citrix servers were blue screening with bug code BAD_POOL_HEADER. We also rolled back to patch 2 and the problems disappeared.

Do you have any additional information about this problem?

on 4/23/14 2:18:06 PM CDT

Hello guys,

Please check the article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81549&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f....

McAfee it is investigating this issue.

Regards,

Jose

Hi,

we did experienced the same issues with P4. What we did temporay to bypass this issue while McAfee is investigating, we add the process "UserProfileManager.exe" in our low-risk process without any scanning option and the loging is back to normal. Waiting for a fix from McAfee.

Hope this helps meanwhile.

Hi Guys,

Any update if this issue will also occur in VMware Horizon View and other VMware Virtual Servers? I was in process to plan for ePO 5.1.1 with VSE 8.8 Patch 4 Upgrade. Could someone please guide me if there are any slow perfomance or slow logon issues in VMware environment.

Regards