Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

mcafee unistallation problem

how can i remove the rest of mcafee files after unsucessfull control panel uninstallation?
Which tool should i use to get rid of files that slowing my system? I tried mcpr tool but it prompt me with error that antivirus are still running and could't continue.
9 Replies

RE: mcafee unistallation problem

You are posting in a forum for an obsolete application. What version of McAfee are you trying to remove?
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10

It's Mcafee Enterprise. I am not sure which version. As I said uninstallation through add/remove programs in control panel is interupted at half since it was lasting too long. I have now a problem because i have the rest of mcafee files(mcshield.exe...) which still running. Can you recommend me some tool to get rid of this files?

There is no removal tool for Enterprise products. MCPR is purely for the home product range.

It might be in your best interest to see if you can find out which version you had before attempting this.

Manual removal instructions for "McAfee Virusscan 8.xi Enterprise":

It's not clear EXACTLY which version of VSE you're using.. (It could be 8.0i, 8.5i or 8.7i)...but see the instructions at the links below:

Manual Uninstall of Virus Scan Enterprise 8.0i
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB58597

Manual Uninstall Of Virus Scan Enterprise 8.5i
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB50602

Manual Uninstall Of Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7i
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59996

Moved to the correct forum by the way.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Thank you for instructions.

What do you think about using mcpr tool after stoping this services and using virtualtecnician to find right solution. I found some other tool like mcrem2..

Understand me, this is my first time on mcafee forum.. happy

There are no removal tools for the Enterprise products I'm afraid. MCPR is the only valid one in your list and it cannot remove VSE as it is designed purely for the home products.
I've never even heard of mcrem.

Virtual Technician is useless in this case.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10

Ok. I dont have a choice. i must go through this procedure of manual removing.
I will be very very happy if this solve a problem.. I have already deleted some mcafee files in registry and program files.. sad

thank you again for instructions

Good luck and I'm sorry I couldn't bring better news.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

I forgot to get back to you. .. Following instructions ,i solved a problem successfully.
Thanks a lot... happy

Glad it worked.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community