Highlighted

mcafee installation designer 8.5

Hello;

from where I can get the mcafee installation designer 8.5

Thanks

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: mcafee installation designer 8.5

See KB69579 - since the end of 2011 the product is no longer supported.

Quote:

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.5i (including supported patches), the AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.5i plug-in, and McAfee Installation Designer (MID) 8.5 will reach EOS on December 31, 2011.

McAfee shall not provide support for this version of the product and its related components beyond this date. McAfee strongly recommends that customers who are still using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i make provisions to migrate to the latest version of the product by this date.

Contact your account manager or Support Account Manager if you have any questions about this announcement.

You would have to search online for it I guess.   Maybe someone else will suggest something so standby for a possible answer.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/08/13 9:07:43 EDT PM

Thanks I know its EOL, but i need it for testing purposes.

Highlighted

Hopefully someone will offer a clue where it can be found, sorry I don't know.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

eddymac wrote:

Thanks I know its EOL, but i need it for testing purposes.

If you are comfortable with full disclosure about why feel it's needed, ask Support for a copy. But, we might say "No", still.

To me, "for testing purposes" isn't a need... because there's no need for anyone to be testing VSE 8.5i or MID 8.5i. And we don't want to give anyone the impression it's OK to use EOL software.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community