Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stanw
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 25

Re: mcafee for windows 7

This flashing messages from the Action Center were successfully re-created by Gold Support.  Tier 3 escalated to Engineering Development and the fix will be added into Patch 3 for VirusScan 8.7.  Will not be out till Q1.  Also there will be no hotfix for this.

TonyK
Level 7
Message 12 of 25

Thanks for the update... So this was the "final answer" form support to you?  When did they close your case?

Thanks again.

I think I found a temporary solution while waiting for the patch from McAfee. Open Acton Center then go to Change Acton Center settings and under Security messages uncheck Virus protection.

And here you go! That worked for me...

I have the same issue of the Action Center balloon message constantly appearing, regardless of whether the McAfee OAS is enabled or not.  In my case the the message remains visible & eventually fades from the screen if you do nothing. If you click on it or open the Action Center you are prompted to run "shstat.exe".  Checking Task Manager "shstat.exe" is already a running process. The VSE 8.7 flash screen appears during Windows startup, but the OAS does not start. It is disabled.  I can open the VS console and enable the OAS. Besides the fact that OAS not starting automatically is a problem, Action Center does not seem to "know" OAS is enabled.  The balloon message can be stopped by turning off messages about virus protection in Action Center

As for the system seeing the tasks and not running them, it will not run tasks that were created prior to the upgrade to VSE 8.7i P2 being installed onto the EPO server. You will need to recreate the task in EPO and it will run. I have created a sorting group and that container they get sorted to has a new task that I created and they deploy fine. As for the issue with the "M" not showing up, there are other threads in this forum that give the explanation for that, there is a KB article you have to hit I believe for an updated extension that corrects that issue. I am not running the 4.5 agent so I have not run into that issue myself, but I know I have read about it here in these forums.

Stanw
Level 7
Message 16 of 25

After several support ticket escalations and months of problems with epo agents and virusscan on Windows 7 systems, we seem to be issue free at this time on over 800 Windows 7 systems.

This is what we have now:

Epo Server:  v4.0, patch5

Epo Agent: v4.5

VirusScan: v8.7, patch 3 and hotfix 537674

AS Module: v8.7

SE:  5400.1158

What is working:  Policy enforcement, Scan tasks, Update Tasks, Deployment tasks, M shield in systray, basically everything

Did this issue get resolved?

We use ePO 4 to manage our systems, all XP untill now.

Have a problem with a windows 7 pc installed the agent via the framepkg.exe, but the blue shield didn't show, agent 4.0.0.1421, then installed manually virusscan 8.7i, still no blue shield only the red V in the systray as on a server. Installed patch 3 for 8.7i no change, virus scan would update but not pickup the policies. Updated the extensions for 8.7i and the PC has picked up the policies. Updated the agen to 4.5.0.1429 still no change, in the mcafee properties for the PC it shows

Show McAfee Tray Icon: Disabled
Where XP machines show this as enabled, is there a way to change this to enabled? Or is there another patch I need to install to have the red M showing in the systray?

Make sure that you have the Extension for the 4.5 Agent checked in, if you don't, EPO won't manage your 4.5 clients and it won't pull down the policy. That extension is backwards compatable, so it will still allow management of your 4.0 Agents.

Other then that, having the 4.5 Agent on there gets you the shield on Windows 7 machines, although the look of it has been changed yet again, I kind of like the way it looks now.

Cheers, is that just the shield with the V on now as it looks on the servers? Got the polices to work after updating the extensions from 8.7i patch 3 (VIRUSCAN8700.zip) not wanting to move to agent 4.5 yet. changing to a virtual enviroment soon so will start with everything updated to the lates versions from scratch. Including the ePO server.

No, it is a little red shield with a white M in the middle. You can update your Agent Extension to the 4.5 Extension without doing an upgrade to your actual agent. I am actually still running the 4.0 Agent in our environment except on out Macintosh and Windows 7 computers where I run the 4.5 Agent. So, I would recommend updating the extension on the server.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator