cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: mcafee for windows 7

Can you download the extension seperately to the agent? If so do you have the link.

cheers

Everything you need will be in your Grant area on the website under downloads.

Go here https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp and enter your grant number, then goto the McAfee Agent 4.5.0 link and then you will see the EPOAGENTMETA.zip file, click on that and download that, that is your extension.

Cheers (sthayden) got the extensions added them but still only got the sheild with the V, not the square box with the M.

maybe I need the hotfix as mentioned byStanw?

Stanw where is the hotfix, searched the site and not found the download.

cheers

Stanw
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 24 of 25

The VirusScan Hotfix 537674 is a fix for the On-Demand Scan task not stopping per the schedule on 64-bit systems.  I thought the M shield problem was fixed with VirusScan patch 2 (i mite be wrong)

Highlighted

Not on this PC anyway. Might start again, take McAfee off, then install agent 4.5, then VS 8.7i followed by patch three and see what happens, Had no trouble we I tested othe the beta and RC versions of win7 just on this full version.

cheers

Update, we have success! Obviously too impatient and didn't wait long enough for the new extensions to to be updated to the PC, now have the new shield in the systray.

thanks for the reply much appriciated!

Message was edited by: Schoeys on 19/03/10 10:28:43 GMT-06:00
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator