cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

mcafee for windows 7

anyone has encountered ay issue regarding mcafee agent 4.0/4.5 ,virus scan 8.7i on windows 7?

24 Replies
DanielS
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 25

Re: mcafee for windows 7

We are using Windows 7 x64 with McAfee Agent 4.5 and Virusscan 8.7 Patch 2 and all works fine.

Check In McAfee Agent 4.5 and Extensions

Check In McAfee VirusScan 8.7 Patch 2 and Extensions

Check in Engine 5400 you can find here:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/engines.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

You can also check in branch test to test on a single maschine.

cdobol
Level 10
Message 3 of 25

Please see my other post.  We have seen issues with VirusScan 8.7p2 on Windows 7 with on-access scan.  We can get around the mcafee on-access protection and execute a virus file (eicar.com.zip).  Still waiting for someone to reproduce what we have seen - maybe its just us.

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 25

you need at least the MA 4.0 patch 3 with the agent extension 4.0.0.236 checked in to support it fully

stuartg
Level 7
Message 5 of 25

Personally I had issues until I went Agent 4.5, VSE 8.7 P2 and most importantly - HotFix 517265

Without the hotfix there were all sorts of issues with the system tray icon, and Pre Patch2 there were issues with the on access scanner stopping and starting.

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 25

MA 4.0 patch 3 is as good as 4.5 for win 7.

the hotfix 517265 is only aplicable if you are running MA 4.5 with vse 8.7 sp2 which then gets this systray issue

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67118&actp=search&searchid=1258126656294

Message was edited by: tonyb99
inserted link on 11/13/09 8:40 AM
stuartg
Level 7
Message 7 of 25

I stand corrected. I was purely speaking out of personal experience.

Seeing as McAfee Gold Support refused to support Windows 7 until after the release to world date (not partner release), I had to work it out for myself, and that was the conclusion I came to.

Up to you I guess.

Stanw
Level 7
Message 8 of 25

Having multiple issues with VirusScan in WIndows 7.

VirusScan v8.7 (with patch 2)

AntiSpyware Module v8.7

SE 5400

Epo agent 4.5

1. The main issues is constant pop-up messages from the Windows 7 Action Center, stating McAfee is turned Off.  The message flashes so fast that we had to use CamSoft to record the desktop then go back and capture the message in the AVI file.  One thing we found is when a Cookie is detected, Action Center flashes this message.  I have dozens of Windows 7 system that do this, but my Windows 7 system does not.  Contacted support and have a open unassigned ticket after 2 days.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

2. The M shield does not show up in the systray on some windows 7 systems.

3. The VirusScan v8.7 On-demand task does not prompt user to defer on Windows 7 systems.(But does in XP & Vista)

4. When a Epo agent v4.5 is succesfully deployed to a Windows 7, it will not install VirusScan.  It sees the deployment task, but it never runs.  Have to manually install VirusScan v8.7.

I have over 300 windows 7 systems with many more issues with VirusScan and Epo agents not working properly.

dvo
Level 9
Message 9 of 25

1. The main issues is constant pop-up messages from the Windows 7 Action Center, stating McAfee is turned Off.  The message flashes so fast that we had to use CamSoft to record the desktop then go back and capture the message in the AVI file.  One thing we found is when a Cookie is detected, Action Center flashes this message.  I have dozens of Windows 7 system that do this, but my Windows 7 system does not.  Contacted support and have a open unassigned ticket after 2 days.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

ive seen this...do you have a way to recreate a cookie detection in which the flash happens?

but ive seen this without any browser open, it just does it when it feels like it seems., but i will watch the OAS log now to see if there is a corresponding cookie detection when it happens.

FYI: gold support is investigating this right now.

TonyK
Level 7
Message 10 of 25

I am very interested in hearing what you find from support.  We are seeing the same thing on some Windows 7 systems here as well.  I'll open a ticket with support today or tomorrow as well.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community