cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i offline

hi every body

i have network and weak internet connection for all the PCs and each PC installed VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i but they cant update directly to the internet , i need to know how i can update their VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i without using internet connection , as i know there is a file need to be downlaoded from the internet than put it in the PCs , but which files and how to use those files .

thanks

Please do not enter email addresses in post - Moderator

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/12/09 9:15 AM
3 Replies

Re: how to update VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i offline

You can use the "Mirror task" within VSE to allow system to update from a centralized repository using only VSE 8.7. This is covered in the Product Guide.

Ron

Well, if you are licensed for VSE, then you will probably be licensed for ePO, as far as I know all suites comprise at least ePO and VSE....

So logon to the McAfee download site : https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

Enter your grant number, then download ePO and install it.

You can then manage all your machines centrally and set a policy so that the clients can only get their updates from the central ePO server.

Grif
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Or, if you've only got a few computers on the network, it may be easier to download the DAT or Superdat file from the internet to one shared computer, then run the Superdat to install the latest updates. It's updated daily with the most recent scan engine and definitions. Obviously, it wouldn't be good for lots of machines but a network of ten or less comps, it might work for you.

Here's the Superdat website:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

Hope this helps.

Grif