cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

full scan schedule?

I am looking for suggestions of how often others are doing full scans.  We are a global company with thousands of machines and 48% of them are laptops.  We are in the process of putting in place a formal scan schedule.

One side of the house wants scans every Thursday during lunch time for 1hr.  The other side wants full scans once a month.  I know everyone's schedule is different depending on your company's needs, but wondering what others are doing.

Thanks,

Glenn

1 Reply

Re: full scan schedule?

A couple of years ago I was recommending to my customer base that they do either weekly or monthly. However, with the virulence of threats increasing I am firmly giving strong recommendations for the weekly scans for the full disk (+ running processes + memory for rootkits).

Additionally for several years I have been strongly urging daily memory scans (running processes + memory for root kits). Should you find yourself in an outbreak situation like Conficker you will definitely want to know which machines to target with a full scan. This certainly helps. And during an outbreak I set this to hourly. The impact is non-existent without using benchmarking tools and the duration is quick (30-90 seconds).

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community