cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file exclusion for false positive detection

Scenario: McAfee detected  abc.exe genuine file as virus (false positive) and its started deleting it. In this case, temporary solution is adding this abc.exe file in the McAfee access scanner & On demand scanner exclusion, until we get the solution from McAfee support.

My Question here is , will the exclusion work here and McAfee will stop detecting remaining systems abc.exe file deleting. Please suggest.

Regards,

Pradeep

5 Replies

Re: file exclusion for false positive detection

hmm may be the file was already whilisted by McAfee and supress from the DAT?

Cheers,

HI Jose,

Thanks for your revert,

If McAfee is still not whitelisted and will the exclusion work here and McAfee will stop detecting remaining systems abc.exe file deleting,

Hi Pradeep,

Well, it is depend your environment.

If you have a only one Antivirus scanning share folders from other machine wich the exclusion in the machine where the antivirus is installed is enough, but if you have many machines with the antivirus, the exclusion should be created in each machine where the antivirus is install.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Thank you Jose for your help. I understand from your reply that exclusion will work depend on the environment which i have.

Regards,

Pradeep

Yes, depends of the environment and config.

If you have x machines each one with VSE installed the exclusions must be created in each machine (that is the normal environment configuration supported by McAfee)

Cheers