Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dls1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ePO not reporting Virus scan installed for a MAC

I am a new ePO administrator and I'm trying to add a MAC server to my ePolicy Orchestrator. ePO was configured before me and works without any issues on the Windows side of things but my issue is with a MAC.

I was successfully able to install the ePO agent by "Create and download agent installation package" from the ePO server. The MAC's ePO Agent is now reporting in with the correct version of 5.0.2.132.

I downloaded the latest McAfee Virus Scan for MAC 9.8. I installed it and verified it installed correctly. I ran the flags -c -f -p -e for the cmdagent to get it to report to the ePO server.

The issue is the MAC shows the virus scan working with all the correct versions, but the ePO server isn't reporting a Virus Scan product version, engine version, or DAT version.

Am I missing some type of reporting plugin perhaps? Please help as I'm not very good with MACs.

5 Replies
tomz2
Level 11
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO not reporting Virus scan installed for a MAC

Hi dls1,

You'll want to verify on the client that VirusScan for Mac is up-to-date. Launch the VirusScan for Mac Console, and look at the Update tab and / or About and you should see the engine / DAT version. If the version is blank or missing, kick off an update from the VSMac console.

The initial update process post-deployment, can take several minutes and this could possibly lead to why the information isn't being reflected in ePO.

dls1
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Thank you tomz, I did update the Virus Scan by using the Update Tab once I first got it installed on the MAC. I did verify it shows the DAT and Engine are up to date right off the back.

Nothing was missing or blank at that time.

Its been about 2 hours now and it still isn't reporting to ePO. Someone on another forum said something about I could be missing reporting tools but I'm not sure what he meant by it and he hasn't responded back. Are there any plugins or add-ons either the MAC or EPO server need to allow to communicate properly between MAC and the EPO Server?

tomz2
Level 11
Message 4 of 6

You should have four total extensions checked in.

- Anti-Malware

- Anti-Malware Reports

- General

- Help

I don't have my ePO console handy, but everything but help should either appear in the Extensions list as being under the Endpoint Protection for Mac or VirusScan for Mac category.

dls1
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

I see what your saying, give me a few and I'll test it out.

dls1
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

This is now corrected. Thank you.