Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Windows 7 & VSE 8.7i Patch 2

Does anyone know if McAfee is still on track to release VSE 8.7i Patch 2 by the end of September?

Just read today that Microsoft is allowing the PC makers to start shipping Windows 7 PCs a week early (Oct 13th). We don't have a lot of time to test VSE 8.7i Patch 2 and the first Windows 7 systems. I have read that Patch 2 is the only supported patch for Windows 7.

I work at a university and we really need the VSE 8.7i Patch 2 package early so we can give it to our helpdesk.

The pressure is one, wish McAfee would give us more time for testing.
10 Replies

RE: Windows 7 & VSE 8.7i Patch 2

Well, VSE 8.7i Patch 1 works fine on Windows 7, it's the McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 2 that doesn't work. Patch 3 for the Agent "should" be out within a couple of weeks as it has been in Tier 3 since the beginning of the month. Patch 3 takes care of the Server Communication issue that it currently has. Right now, you can install everything on Windows 7, it just won't update, the couple Windows 7 machines we have, I just make them run manual DAT updates on them.
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Yes, Patch 1 will work as that is what I am running at home as a test. However, you can't call for support since Patch 2 is the only one supported.

Thougt Patch 2 does come today, I did look a few minutes ago but it's not there yet.

So stay tuned would i say and upgrade to patch 2 soon it's there.

Downloaded it just a few minutes before and works without any issues on my Windows 7 box so far. happy

Hi, could you please tell me where you find the patch?

thanks!
PhilR
Level 12
Message 7 of 11

Log in to the corporate download site with your grant number, navigate to VSE 8.7, click on the "patches" tab (or something like that)

Phil

I've upgraded my Win 7 box with VSE SP2 and also Agent SP3 and still I'm not able to get my policies applied.

I can deploy software (VSE, MSA, HIPS ...) from within ePO console but for some strange reason policies are not applied. Doesn't matter if it's VSE or HIPS. Anyone else with the similar problem?

Don't see anything weird in agent log and enforcing policies doesn't work either ...
Highlighted
PhilR
Level 12
Message 9 of 11

Have you installed the updated agent, vse, and vse reports extensions into ePO?

Yep, I've read your post in the other thread ... that's why I'm wondering what's wrong wink
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community