Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konecnym
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: Windows 10 Creators b1703 and COM Surrogate Error DllHost.exe

Last info from McAfee Platinum in SUM:
Please wait till RTW Patch 10 for HIPS 8.0 will be published. 
The release to support (RTS) versions for testing are normally 4 weeks before release available.
But ... we are still waiting   ..since 4/2017.

-----

Microsoft made some Architecture changes with creators update which does not cope well with the typical process injection to watch and protect this process.
This has a effect for ENS and HIP installations hence the KB Article in order to be able stop injecting into the dllhost.exe .

McAfee is working with Microsoft to find a solution to the problem which is agreeable to everyone.
Currently it is tried to get a solution with either ENS 10.6 and HIP 8 Patch 10. As this is not finally we have not stated this officially yet.

I recommend to subscribe to the KB as any further updates and known fixes will be posted into the KB article itself.

From timeline perspective I would check end of this year since HIP 8 Patch 10 was targeted end of this year and ENS in 2018.

-----

bleeder
Level 9
Message 12 of 13

KB89023 says this will be resolved in ENS 10.5.3.

ssarron
Level 8
Message 13 of 13

Had this happen with several of our newly updated Windows 10 PCs...followed the instruction in KB89023 (Talks about the dllhost.exe and COM Surrogate message) and KB79850 (Which details how to create an Application Protection Exclusion. Deployed and not receiving the error.  Even my Windows 10 laptop, which I updated to 1703 weeks after deploying the exclusion never received the error.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community