cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 1709 & VSE 8.8 P10 BSOD

Jump to solution

Hi,

recently, I upgraded to VSE Patch 10 from P9 on a dual-boot computer (windows 8.1 and windows 10 1709). When I upgrade to patch 10, the blue screen of death appears on startup (in both operating systems):
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Classpnp.sys).
In other 5 computers and servers the update worked correctly.
any ideas?
thanks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Windows 10 1709 & VSE 8.8 P10 BSOD

Jump to solution

Hi,

I answer to myselt... After several days thinking and testing, in the end, I solved it.

It seems that the problem comes from having a hard drive with extended capacity (4 TB) and using Acronis VirtualDisk to be able to use its maximum capacity.

It can also influence that this hard disk is disk 0 and contains a partition "Reserved for the system".

In the end, I deleted the partition "Reserved for the System", recover the dual boot with the Windows 10 DVD and format the 4 TB hard disk with GFT partition.

After all this, I was able to update Windows 8 and Windows 10 1709 with McAfee VSE 8.8 Patch 10.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Re: Windows 10 1709 & VSE 8.8 P10 BSOD

Jump to solution

Hi,

I answer to myselt... After several days thinking and testing, in the end, I solved it.

It seems that the problem comes from having a hard drive with extended capacity (4 TB) and using Acronis VirtualDisk to be able to use its maximum capacity.

It can also influence that this hard disk is disk 0 and contains a partition "Reserved for the system".

In the end, I deleted the partition "Reserved for the System", recover the dual boot with the Windows 10 DVD and format the 4 TB hard disk with GFT partition.

After all this, I was able to update Windows 8 and Windows 10 1709 with McAfee VSE 8.8 Patch 10.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community