cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jawuk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 42

RE: Who is going to deploy VS8.7 P1 to the enterprise?

Thats interesting, we shall have to wait and see i guess. Hopefully they will introduce the all in one package, though its more concerning i think that the patch 1 does not have the intergrated DATS that are past the release (5539?) that caused issues, or maybe an updated original 8.7 package with Dats past the 5539 release.

You mention the script scanning exclusions, are these primariliy for SaaS (Software as a Service) and CRM Websites . I had a customer have issues with a java based web service they were using from a suppler which was caused by this, could be interesting to know if this would have helped now its available.

J

Our ScriptScanning web site conflict is with a time and attendance web based application.

I wish that they had integrated with the OSes Internet Zones, but instead, it is a registry edit totally separate from Internet zones. The other big bummer is that the URL exclusions may not contain wildcards - so no excluding *.microsoft.com for example. And the match is left to right so microsoft.com would not exclude www.microsoft.com.

Still, very useful in a limited way.

When they posted the full patch 1 installation package, I downloaded this.

After they pulled the product, then reposted it, they have re-posted only the Patch, they have not re-posted the full package version.

I still have the full patch 1 installation package in my repository, so wondered if anybody knew anything as to why they only reposted the patch, and not the full package?

It makes me suspicious.
Mogsy
Level 7
Message 14 of 42

I don't have the option of going to 8.7i due to not having ePO yet, so me and my trusty Pro Pilot will sit happy with 8.5i and P8 on all our systems, until another few patches get knocked out for 8.7 and i finally get a spare server to setup ePO4.0.

if you have doubts and your tests didn't work well for 8.7, i would do an interim upgrade to 8.5 P8 with the memory usage hotfix from March (my Mcshield footprint is now under 50MB).

VSE 8.7i with Patch 1 integrated installer will be available later today, according to McAfee Gold Support.
jawuk
Level 7
Message 16 of 42

Fantastic news, thanks for the update

J

jawuk
Level 7
Message 17 of 42

Good advise Mogsy, that memory hotfix would most definetly be critical

Hi guys,

I am running 8.5 Patch 8 on my servers, but didn't know about this hotfix.
I just checked my downloads under my grant number but don't see any hotfix listed, did I mis-interpret this post, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Whats the P8 hotfix number please? Thanks
Mogsy
Level 7
Message 20 of 42

Hotfix number is 458640, below is the link to the secure knowledgebase page, link for file is at the bottom. I haven't tried this through PRP yet, just locally on my 3 IT systems, but i imagine it should push out ok:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60848

YOU MUST HAVE 8.5i PATCH 7 or later installed
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community