cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jawuk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 42

RE: Who is going to deploy VS8.7 P1 to the enterprise?

Thanks for that, have just finished downloading it.

Not sure why this wasn't posted up on the downloads page.

Have there been any other hotfixes released since this one?
Mogsy
Level 7
Message 23 of 42

to be honest i have already posted some website feedback, as the various sites are getting to be a right pain, you need a grant number to log into the secure site to get your apps, docs and limited patches, but you then need a separate login to get to the Corporate Tech Support page (https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx), which in turn shows/lists all the knowledgebase/updates/announcements released and you can kind of sort the list into some sort of order, though there is no search option that i can see.

Ideally you should have everything under the one area (some of the secure page downloads, do have a patch tab, usually empty though), every other AV vendor has all their files together to keep us admin's happy/sane, except McAfee. Another bugbear is the secure site, once you have drilled in to the application you want, you can't link back tot he main menu, you have to back to the grant screen and start all over again -- these are precious minutes/hours of my life i am not going to get back -- time for McAfee to sort it out i think, i've put up with it for too many years, and i'm getting old and cranky.

I agree with all your comments. This one is the thing that annoys me the most though.
Why don't they simply make it so that once you have drilled down and then click on my products, it should automatically go to the view my products page without having to re-click that link, what a really poorly thought out navigation system that is. A minor thing I suppose, but really irritating.
PhilR
Level 12
Message 25 of 42

Dare I suggest that their products are as badly designed as their web page (and vice-versa)?

Yea, but then again, I think ePO 4.5 is looking like a pretty good product, I really like the release candidate anyway.
Mogsy
Level 7
Message 27 of 42

For now I'm biting my tongue....
Travler
Level 10
Message 28 of 42

This is why I'm still at Patch 6. It just drives me crazy to have to break systems first (by going to a buggy Patch 7) and then apply the hotfix to fix it. Seems to me that McAfee should have built the hotfix into a patch so that you don't have bugged machines between the time you upgrade the patch and apply the hotfix.:mad:

I was hoping that 8.7 Patch 1 would make the 8.5 hotfix a moot point for us, but I've been way to scared to go that route yet.:(
jawuk
Level 7
Message 29 of 42

Thanks for all the replys guys.

Well, i have been piloting VS8.7 P1 since it was release, then pulled, then release, and after all the initial issues, we have had no complaints at all. On a combo of Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 boxes X86 and X64, and also Windows XPSP2 x86.

So far so good. My confidence is growing each day, though, tomorrow is another day.

J
Highlighted
Mogsy
Level 7
Message 30 of 42

I didn't find anything wrong with Patch 7 Travler, been running it since Nov 08, and only now testing Patch 8.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community