1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 9

Re: Where to get old patches for VSE 8.8

Jump to solution

That is a valid reason 🙂 although you may want to consider just removing patch 4 and do a fresh install of patch 12. With every upgrade there is risk of failure, you'd need to do two instead of just one step if you remove VSE. May involve less risk for failure but entirely your decision of course.

You can either raise a case via the service portal or call Technical Support (https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/home/contact-us.html#ht=tab-techsupport)

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

You can request them from Technical Support, but we would need you to provide a reason why you need this version as we only recommend installing the latest version.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
serc09
Level 10
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

We have a new customer still running epo 5.1.1 with vse8.8 P4.

I already installed a new epo 5.10.0 with vse 8.8 p12.

But I found no way to "force" the installation of vse 8.8 p12 over any older version.

Therefore I would like to go like: p4 >> p9 >> p12

How to "contact" technical support?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

That is a valid reason 🙂 although you may want to consider just removing patch 4 and do a fresh install of patch 12. With every upgrade there is risk of failure, you'd need to do two instead of just one step if you remove VSE. May involve less risk for failure but entirely your decision of course.

You can either raise a case via the service portal or call Technical Support (https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/home/contact-us.html#ht=tab-techsupport)

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

serc09
Level 10
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

THX chealey.

One last question:

When I go like first uninstalling vse8.8p4 and the installing vse8.8p12 - do I need to reboot the clients between?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Yes, but even an update from p4 to p8 will require a reboot because there were some major changes between patch 4 and 5. Without the reboot, the failure rate will be higher due to the fact that the drivers are only replaced upon the reboot.

Was my reply helpful?
serc09
Level 10
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Ok, THX alot for your fast help!

Regards

Serc

serc09
Level 10
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Any possibilities to reboot the clients over epo/agent?

Regards

Serc

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

@serc09 In the command line section of your Patch 4 uninstallation task, simply put REBOOT=A

reboot.PNG

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community