cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royg
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Where is the 5600eng.exe file for "Engine-only Superdat File (Intel)"?

In the

Business HomeProducts & SolutionsDownloads link,

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?region=us

under the Engines tab, all of the engines are updated to 5600 except the "Engine-only Superdat File (Intel)"

It is still at 5400 (although its Release Date has been updated to 4/24/2013).

When can we expect that engine to be updated?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: royg on 4/25/13 12:45:36 PM CDT
3 Replies
aladdin9
Level 10
Message 2 of 4

Re: Where is the 5600eng.exe file for "Engine-only Superdat File (Intel)"?

FYI per KB66741 Important information about the 5.x.00 Anti-Virus Scanning Engine

"NOTE: The 5600 Engine will not be provided as a SuperDAT executable package."

aladdin9
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

I'm also looking for installation instructions for stand alone VSE 8.7i and 8.8 without an ePO server.

rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

aladdin9 wrote:

I'm also looking for installation instructions for stand alone VSE 8.7i and 8.8 without an ePO server.

epo5600eng.zip's primary role is for use with ePO. However, in the past, I have used the ePO engine zips to use within McAfee Installation Designer (MID). Though, I have not tried to use epo5600eng.zip in MID yet. Including the 5600 engine within the MID image would allow for this engine to be installed outside of ePO.

Or, you can wait 90 days when McAfee will release the SuperDAT engine (.exe). Although, in the past, this only included the 32-bit engine. With that in mind, you may need to use the MID solution above.

In any case, check out MID and let us know how it is going. Note that you will need to use 2 different PCs with installed VSE (one for each version, v8.7i and v8.8) with the appropriate version of MID installed, to make MID images for both versions.

Hope this helps.

Ron Metzger

Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community